Instagram Account Hacked? Here’s How to Get It Back
Instagram has consistently improved its user experience on both the mobile app and the desktop version through the rapid rollout of new features and tools. Instagram has been steadily improving the user experience on its platform. To ensure that users’ data is never compromised, the photo-sharing app has been rapidly improving security features on its platform.
Despite these precautions, we frequently hear of people having their Instagram account hacked. Given the platform’s abundance of content creators, this is a major concern that the brand is working hard to address. Instagram has very strict policies regarding any questionable behaviour on its platform, and it notifies users if such behaviour is observed on any account.
There are several ways you can protect your Instagram account from hackers. However, if your account security is compromised and taken over, you can quickly restore it. What you must do is as follows.
How Can You Tell If Your Instagram Account Has Been Hacked?
Your account security might have been jeopardized if :
- You are unable to access your account or you have been logged out of your account without any notice.
- You are unable to upload or share new posts using your account. It is likely more complicated than a simple bug if this issue keeps happening
- You notice any unidentified posts shared on your account or messages sent to contacts that you are not aware of sending.
Instagram Alerts Users Of Suspicious Activity In The Following Way:
Instagram generally ensures that users are informed when a user’s profile has been fraudulently altered. When an email address changes or if any other suspicious activity is taking place, the company sends an email from its security account (security.mail@Instagram) to inform users.
Before starting the recovery process, make sure to check your registered email address to see if you have received any emails of this nature. For added security, you can ask Instagram for a fresh login link.
How to Ask Instagram for a New Login Link
- Go to the Instagram login page.
- Tap on the Get Help Logging In option (for Android) or Forgot Password (for iPhones).
- Enter your login information, which should include your user name and email address from when you created your account. If you can’t remember the information, choose the “Can’t Reset Your Password” option. Click on Next and follow the on-screen instruction to reset the password.
- Enter the captcha for verification.
- You can now select from the options including email and phone number.
- Click on Next.
- Now, tap on the new login link received via email or text message after selecting Next. Follow the steps on the screen to log in.
Notably, Instagram also allows you to request a new security code for login. This is the case if you don’t want to log in with your email address or haven’t received the new login link on your mail ID. You can perform the following steps on both Instagram Android and iOS apps.
Steps To Request A Security Code If Instagram Account Is Compromised
Step 1: On an Android or iOS device, go back to the Instagram login page and click Get Help logging in or Forgot Password.
Step 2: Complete the necessary information, such as the account’s email address or phone number, and then choose the Need More Help option.
Step 3: Complete the steps as listed on the screen.
Step 4: Next, click the Send security code button after selecting the phone number or email address.
Step 5: Click on “I can’t access this email or phone number,” if you don’t receive the security code. Follow the on-screen steps to get control of your account back.
If you’ve submitted a support request for your account without including all the necessary information, such as photos, Instagram will ask for verification information. The support staff at Meta will automatically reply and request proof of identity. The correct email address or registered phone number must be provided, as well as the most recent type of device you used (Android, iOS, etc.).
You might also be asked to take a video selfie with your head tilted in various directions. Instagram will then confirm your identity and check to see if the information provided is accurate before returning control of your hacked account to you.