Twitter Blue: How to Get Verified on Twitter
Since Twitter verification was introduced, Twitter used the blue checkmark to indicate active, notable, and authentic accounts of public interest that Twitter had independently verified based on certain requirements. However, the new changes after Elon Musk took over Twitter included the Twitter Blue subscription service.
Now the blue checkmark may mean two different things: either that an account was verified under the previous verification criteria (active, notable, and authentic), or that the account has an active subscription to Twitter’s new Twitter Blue subscription service.
Twitter has rolled out the blue tick subscription plan for iOS users in the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada, and the same is expected to be rolled out in other countries by the end of this month as confirmed by Elon Musk. While Twitter is charging US dollars 7.99 from subscribers in the above countries, the pricing for India is not clear yet.
Explaining the subscription feature, Twitter said in its blog, “Twitter Blue is a monthly subscription that offers exclusive access to premium features so you can customize your Twitter experience.”
To sign up for a Twitter Blue subscription, follow these steps if you already have a Twitter account:
- You have to log in to Twitter
- Now, navigate to the Profile menu and tap on the three lines on your app or three dots on twitter.com
- A drop-down menu appears with Twitter Blue as part of the menu. Select Twitter Blue
- Choose the blue Subscribe button to subscribe for $/mo
- Follow the in-app purchase instructions for iOS and Android, or Stripe purchase prompts for transactions completed on twitter.com
How to check your Twitter Blue subscription status?
- To do this navigate to the Profile menu and tap on the three lines on your app or three dots on twitter.com
- Select Twitter Blue
- You will see an Active status badge with a green check to indicate you’re enrolled in Twitter Blue
Twitter also said that the verified users will get various features including half the ads but more relevant than before. Twitter blue also lists other benefits mentioned by Musk, such as the ability to post longer videos and audio messages. “Since you’re supporting Twitter in the battle against the bots, we’re going to reward you with half the ads and make them twice as relevant,” the offer states.
The verified or blue tick owners will have their content get a priority ranking in replies, mentions, and searches. “This helps lower the visibility of scams, spam, and bots,” said Twitter.