How To Disable The Windows 11 Widgets Button
Windows 11 has a large Widgets drawer, but what if you don’t want Widgets? Even though you might not be able to completely remove it from your computer, you can remove the Widgets button from your taskbar in just a few simple steps.
You can even remove the Task View icon and the Search icon from your Taskbar if you never use them.
The Windows 11 version of the Windows 10 features News & Interests, which pre-selects news, weather, sports scores, and stock prices and compiles them in a small widget that resides at the bottom of your screen. This is called Widgets. The weather and temperature are displayed in your Taskbar by News & Interests in Windows 10 but not in Windows 11.
When you click the Widgets button in Windows 11, a sizable Widgets drawer with a search window slides out from the left side of your screen. Weather, local traffic, your Microsoft To Do lists, your OneDrive photos, sports and esports, your stock watchlist, and tips are all displayed in the Widget. This hover-activated widget may appear to be huge and annoying.
The Widgets button can however be removed in two simple ways.
How to remove widgets in Windows 11
Step 1: Right-click the Widgets button on your Taskbar, and then click Unpin from Taskbar
Step 2: You can remove the Widget directly from the Taskbar by doing the following:
- Right-click on the Taskbar and select Taskbar settings.
- The Windows 11 Settings menu will be opened.
- You’ll see toggle buttons with one that says “Show Widgets Button”. Toggle to turn off the Widget and it will vanish from your Taskbar.
Step 3: You can remove the Widget from Setting through these steps
- Open “Settings” on your Windows 11
- Navigate to (Settings > Personalization > Taskbar)
- You’ll see toggle buttons with one that says “Show Widgets Button”. Toggle to turn off the Widgets and it will vanish from your Taskbar.
You can always enable the Widgets in the same way if you would like to have this feature showing on your Windows 11 Taskbar again.